All coaching services and communication, email or otherwise, delivered by Patty H. Scott, as well as the information set forth on this website (pattyhscott.com) are meant to help you identify the areas in your life and in your thinking that may be holding you back or interfering with you reaching your goals in life. The discussions during coaching sessions will be used to help you identify areas for potential growth and to recommend optional approaches to help you make the changes you desire.
Coaching is not professional mental health care or medical care. If you feel psychologically stressed to the point that it is interfering with your ability to function, please seek the help you need in the form of a professional counselor. Coaching may supplement therapy, and it can be a first step in addressing areas of concern, but it is not a substitute for therapy. Often therapy will address deeper wounds and old issues so that you are freed up to do the work of moving forward with a coach.
- By purchasing coaching services from Patty H Scott, you confirm that you have read and agree to the following statements and that you wish to proceed:
- I understand that the coaching services I will be receiving from Patty H. Scott are not offered as a substitute for professional mental health care or medical care, and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any mental health or medical conditions. I also understand that Patty H. Scott is not acting as a mental health counselor or a medical professional.
- I understand that coaching is, at present, an unregulated industry and that Patty H. Scott is not licensed by the State of California or any other state. I also understand that for all legal purposes, the services provided by Patty H. Scott will be considered to be provided in the State of California, even when individuals receiving services do not reside in California.
- I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my well-being during my coaching sessions, as well as any action I take outside coaching sessions, including my choices and decisions.
- I understand that coaching is not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment, and I will not use it in place of any form of therapy.
- I understand that all comments and ideas offered by Patty H. Scott are solely for the purpose of aiding me in achieving my defined goals. I have the ability to give my informed consent, and hereby give such consent to my coach to assist me in achieving such goals.
- I understand that to the extent our work together involves career or business, Patty H. Scott is not promising outcomes included but not limited to any specific aspect of business or life success.
- I understand that Patty H. Scott will protect my information as confidential unless I state otherwise in writing. If I report child, elder abuse or neglect or threaten to harm myself or someone else, I understand that necessary actions will be taken and my confidentiality agreement limited in this capacity. Furthermore, if Patty H. Scott is ordered by a court to provide information or to testify, she will do so to the extent the law requires.
- I understand that the use of technology is not always secure and I accept the risks of confidentiality through the use of email, text, phone, Zoom, and other technology.
- I hereby release, waive, acquit and forever discharge Patty H. Scott, any agents, successors, assigns, personal representatives, executors, heirs, and employees from every claim, suit action, demand, or right to compensation for damages I may claim to have or that I may have arising out of acts or omissions by myself or by Patty H. Scott as a result of the advice given by Patty H. Scott or otherwise resulting from the coaching relationship contemplated by this agreement. I further declare and represent that no promise, inducement or agreement not expressed in this agreement has been made to me to sign this agreement. This agreement shall bind my heirs, executors, personal representatives, successors, assigns, and agents.